Eventually, nightclub flyers and fancy filter effects faded away and I found interest in the psychology and persuasion of design, the emotions it evokes, the place it has in people's day to day lives and the bad font choices I would learn to love to hate.
Design is why I stay up reading blogs, watching TED talks, trying frameworks, workflows, software; not giving my girlfriend the attention she deserves and why I wake up at 3am to sketch down ideas.
Art is for enjoyment, but I design for purpose. I design for the business, I design for the user.
At a glance
- Agile project management & Scrum experience
- Lean UX mindset
- Understanding of personas, user stories, journey mapping, card sorting etc
- Service design enthusiast
- Heuristic Analysis & Evaluation
- Experience writing proposals
- Written and adhere to style guides and briefs
- Encouraging leader (for want of a better word)
- Empathy for developers and dependencies
- Abreast of new technology and practices
- Enjoy working on complex, multi-discipline projects
- Confident liaising and presenting to stakeholders
- Structured and led design workshops
- Upcoming whatusersdo.com #uxchat guest host
- Interaction Design Foundation member
Preferred tool for fast Web and UI design, symbols, sharing, style guides.
10+ years experience across the range.
Interactive prototypes, sharing, feedback, mood boards and imagery collections.
Personal sites and quick interactive hi-fidelity prototypes.
Remote user testing, test script writing, review video feedback and log tasks for prototype/build and re-test.
Fast, free user tests for basic interface feedback.
Online Will Writing funnel, landing page and heat map analytics. User polls on exit.
Powerful prototyping, good for multi-section form usability.
Rough prototypes when pen & paper isn't quite enough.
Need to get those ideas down
Agile project management
Brand redesign. Website, landing pages and online Will writing app prototypes, A/B & user testing.
Lead designer. High traffic e-commerce rebrand. Mobile-first, prototypes, flexible components.
Lee Rigby Solicitors
Wordpress design & build. Retained franchise consistency and allowed product identity.
Design & build, fast turn around, zero brief - wills & funeral plans product pages & social setup.www.pinnacleplanning.co.uk
Ascend Finance / Payment Professor
Brand and UX lead. Designed and built by Venn Digital after prototyping and sign-off by myself.www.thepaymentprofessor.com
After the success of a landing page design for MB Cleaning, the client wanted to expand to a wider audience.
A full, multi-page e-commerce site was designed then built in wordpress for easy content editing.
Not yet live, current in staging - Wordpress design and build.www.toastrecordings.com